Saturday 3 January 2009

Scottish Topper News Blog - An adventure in experiential learning

Many moons ago I made my first tentative step into publishing a web site.  It was for sailing club results and a simple site it was.  Every Sunday after the long drive home I would hurry to my PC and upload the weekly results.  Later I developed another website using Microsoft Frontpage so when I look at the Scottish Toppers web site and tut at the broken links and outdated content ("next event" is still North Berwick which took place some seven months ago) I think I must get back in to Frontpage and produce some updated pages for the site.  But sitting here, at the end of my New Year holidays I discover Frontpage is no more.  Why? The internet has moved on in to a new era. A fast paced, always changing, immediate news updates era of real time information and RSS feeds.  So what is the answer?  I type my question into google and dive into the information super highway.  "You need a blog" the web guru's say so here it is the new scottish toppers blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment