Wednesday 2 February 2011

Traveller Update

I am sorry to have to confirm that the planned events for Travellers series 5 and 6 at Aberdeen and Stonehaven will not be able to go ahead.  Unfortunately ASYC were keen to have an open event for us but not during their main regatta.  This meant the date available was in mid August but unfortunately most of the Scottish fleet will be traveling to Ireland for the worlds, or should be, so I cannot arrange an ITCA event on that weekend.  The following weekend was a possibility at Loch Lomond but is the preferred date for the very popular RYA Windward mark trophy event.  My feeling is that it would not be fair to hold a Topper racing event in competition with the windward mark and I would prefer that any Toppers available that weekend lend their support to the Windward mark event.

I am speaking to various clubs about the weekends 27/28 August and 2/3 September in the hope of agreeing an alternative event then.  Largs, Vennacher, Royal Gourock and Loch Lomond are the the most likely venues but I am currently open to offers/suggestions.

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment